Hey, mumshies! It’s me, your millennial mother on social media.
3 more days till Christmas eve and if you are not done with your Christmas shopping, you have to start worrying. All the malls are packed and everyone is in a rush to get their shopping done. If you are anything like me, I try to be ready at least 2 weeks before Christmas so I can prepare and be relaxed for the holidays. We shouldn’t dwell on so much thought about what we give our loved ones because we should concentrate on bonding with one another and making memories.
To help you mumshies out there, panic buying this holiday, I’ve got a few tricks and tips to help you finish your shopping checklist.
1. Make a list of names- you never know how behind you are for Christmas until you make a full list of names you’re missing. Make a full list of names of people you have to buy gifts to, arrange them according to age groups and their interests. By doing this, you can easily set your schedule on which shopping mall you have to go to for the people you buy gifts for.
2. Set a budget- don’t deny it, we will always have those people who are a little bit more special than the rest, we try to give the first half more than the latter. Don’t go over budget for the people that you only see once a year, it’s already good enough that you thought of them and made the effort to buy them something for Christmas. I always buy small but decent gifts for some kids because as long as they are opening more than two gifts that night, they will be happy.
3. Find something practical- refer to your list of names and find something they will surely enjoy. May it be something for work, school or connected to their latest hobby. Make them happy by buying something that interests them rather than the usual bath towels or shower gels.
4. Personalize gifts- a lot of small business owners specialize in making personalized gifts nowadays. May it be to customize your luggage tag or putting your initials on a cell phone case, there are so many ways to make gifts personal now. I love personalized gifts because I would instantly feel special since the person really took time and thought about what gift to give.
5. Shop in one place- it is best to shop in a mall which has everything you need according to everyone’s age range and interest. Yes, we do have some specific gifts we want to buy for some people but we can generalize some gifts according to the list and shop in one place. I personally shop in SM Department Store, you know what they say “We’ve got it all for you” and this is fairly true. When I need to buy a bunch of things, I can easily find them in SM Department Store because of their wide array of categories to choose from. I can buy a gift for my kids in their toy section, I can buy my sister clothes from the Women’s Department, new pots and pans for my mother from their Kitchen and Home Department and so much more. It is always easier to shop in one place so you only have to line up one time. And since it’s the Christmas Season, they have discounts that are worth every peso!